Monday, March 29, 2010

Admitting Weakness

I set to completing my wonderful cool batman outfit on Saturday Afternoon, which I was confident was going to be AWESOME!! anyway looking at pictures online so that I could get a good idea of what to do, My wonderful daughter came up and said "ohhhh so that's who batman is... My friend already has a batman outfit mummy" **insert cry of defeat here** I was devastated. I couldnt believe that my beautiful work was going to waste.. I decided that I wasnt going to give a batman costume if he already had one and searched and searched for ideas of what to make him.

Eventually I came across this... Art Bag Tutorial which is quite girly, but I thought I could whip one up and then maybe chuck in the batman cape as well... this is where my weakness comes in.

I am prone to "whipping things up" at the last second. But then I decide whilst making it, "oh this would look great with *insert whatever embellishment i think of here* on it. And this is what happened with the Art Bag...

 

I most certainly couldnt give a plain art case to someone, so I decided to do a small amount of hand embroidery... as you can see, my weakness came back and I did more than a small amount of hand embroidery. But it does look AMAZING! All of the other mums were green with envy so I no doubt will have made 50 of these by the end of the year... :-p



Complete with a ben 10 colouring book which of course is very cool right now, this went off to its new owner yesterday afternoon. I (without exaggerating) finished it 5 minutes before we had to leave, still in my pjs. Thank goodness for Mick being home or we would have been horribly late as I would have had to get us all ready in 5 minutes! The photos arent very well staged as I took them 2 seconds before we left for the party. 

Weakness.... it sometimes pays to give in... 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a weakness...? It looks great, Amy.

Miss Amy said...

haha only a weakness because I got sucked in to the project!

Little Munchkins said...

That looks awesome! I am not surprised everyone thought it was great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails