Saturday, August 1, 2009

Freestyle Embroidery Take 1

So I decided to try my hand at some freestyle machine embroidery. Basically this means that instead of the fancy $2000 machine etc, I did it myself on my regular sewing machine. I started out wanting to complete something similar to what this lady does. But once I got the outline of my anchor I thought Id try filling it in. It looks really cool and considering it is my first attempt, I can forgive the messiness that I started out with. But I will definately be doing this again! Look out world, Amy has figured out how to embroider....
The picture on the left is what I used as my original stencil that I traced for the outline. I am pretty impressed with my effort. :D

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh well done - it looks great.

Unknown said...

It looks great! You have more patience than I do. Isn't it great when you can personalise stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails