Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Creative Space

Okay so it has been a long long time since I have paid any attention to my poor little neglected blog! I have, however been very very busy on school holidays with my gorgeous daughter and then went away to beautiful sunny Queensland for a week! 

Ahh that was lovely and warm, and then came home to be greeted with the freezing cold Melbourne weather. Although, I have it on good authority... ok well it was the weather thing on igoogle, but still... the only authority I have, that it will warm up for the market on the weekend.

A couple of photos from our last day in Queensland...

Ruth and her cousin Charlotte who she still has been crying about missing!


Olly sitting on my sister's beautiful green grass! mind you, all grass looks amazing compared to my brown dead grass!

It was a fantastic time away, however short. We had a lovely time and it was nice to see my side of the family who all live in Brissy. 

Now... on to the creative stuff!

I've been doing a few things since I have been back from QLD. I didnt set my machines back up until Monday giving myself a few days off which I spent my time playing the sims all the time!! Oh how I love that game. I wish I could just put up a wall whenever I had an extra $100 and change my body shape by going in a body shaping machine!! Ahh back to reality...

So since Monday Ive been setting myself up for making some more nappies. When I sew them, I do them in stages, so I can make roughly (children willing) 30-50 in a week, I cut one day, sew the boosters another do the snaps another blah blah, all comes together very easily when I stick to my routine!

Yesterday I did the snaps on 50 nappies... oh my how my arm is incredibly sore!!

It's quite hard taking a photo of yourself snapping!

Anyway, Ive now looked into a foot press cos they look easier! hee hee... I must say that one of the advantages of working from home, is that you can work in your trackies and your boyfriend's jumper and no-one ever has to find out! As you can see from the above picture.

The other thing I attempted this week was taking some new photos for my website. This was unsuccessful... my model wasnt very co-operative, The fact that it was around 15 degrees probably was the reason! 
**note to self... turn on the heater next time!**

NOT enjoying it at all!

That's all thats happening in my creative space this week! Today is sewing day so I better get back to it, although... the child is not really willing :-( darn teeth!

For more creative spaces, head over to here!

2 comments:

Jenny from Ohjoh said...

Aahh models ... it's hard to get good help these days ....

Miss Amy said...

I know... slack as... hee hee ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails