Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Creative Space

Today in the space, I have sitting this pattern...



also, 2m of aqua/green satin, 1.5m of gold trimming, and a zip.

Princess Ruth wants to go to a costume party as one of the barbie 3 musketeers

So I bought this pattern, basically so I don't have to draft the bodice of this dress. I will be making a knee length circle skirt piece to attach to the bodice so it is the same as the movie character and putting some tulle underneath so it sits out rather than draping straight down. Also cutting off the draping long piece of the sleeves and leaving out the excessive unnecessary pleating on the top half. (there is a second view of the pattern that doesn't include the pleating) 

I know you are all jealous of my fantastic amazing need to sew children's princess dresses! I hope it goes well because I don't want to go back down to spotlight, tail between legs saying to them "failed miserably, more fabric please!" 

I will report progress this afternoon when I've sewn some of it together and done ALOT of swearing at the satin because its slippery... Any tips for sewing satin are much appreciated at this point! Going slow is my current idea!

WISH ME LUCK!!

For more creative spaces, head over to Kirsty's

4 comments:

Steph said...

May the sewing force be with you!! How come they never want to go as a ghost...old sheet, couple of holes..ta da!!! Hope all is well in your world :)

Sally said...

Good luck. The plan sounds amazing... looking forward to seeing the end result. I have every faith that it will be amazing!!!
As for tips sewing satin - can't help you I'm afraid. I'm hooked on sewing flanelette at the moment - so brilliant the way it just sticks together :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! The dress looks fantastic. Be sure to post a picture when you have made it. I am sure your little one will be looking fantastic.

Unknown said...

Good luck! Nothing like sewing a princess dress, for your very own princess.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails